Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mid term wrap up!

What's the craic UMKC?

So I'm sitting on my couch in Camden attempting to write a Shakespeare paper after have ten days off. This isn't easy! So I decided I'd be a lot happier if I were to revisit some of the incredible moments I've enjoyed since being abroad. Lets go!

Working my way immediately backwards, yesterday morning I was in Dublin, Ireland. I spent nine days in Ireland, three of which were spent in the capital while the rest were spent bussing about the beautiful country side and staying in smaller cities, or tiny towns. Ireland has always been a county I thought I would enjoy but I had no way of preparing myself for the awesomeness of the place as a whole. The people really are as happy, outgoing, helpful, and kind as you'd expect. I took a three day Shamrocker Adventures tour guided by a cute young lady named Kim. She was a local Dublin girl and exuded happiness to be able to show off her country to tourist from all over the world. With the tour I was able to see castles, national parks, kiss the Blarney stone, get blown away by the Atlantic winds of the Cliffs of Moher and many other breath taking views in just three days! I will definitely be a repeat customer with this company and urge any friend to go through them if you're looking to see Ireland without renting a car.













Before I was exposed to the awesomeness that is Ireland I had been studying in London the past six weeks. I should emphasize studying. This has been the hardest semester of my career, but also one of the most enjoyable. I only have classes Monday through Wednesday. When classes are over I have ample time to explore London, which I have been taking full advantage of, but during the school week there is a lot to be done. I wont bore you with my class schedule, but just know that if you are coming to study, you should remember that you might be doing a lot of work though all you really want to do is go out, see plays, try new restaurants, visit museums, and shop. I think there is plenty of time for both with a well managed schedule.








I did find time to go to Munich for a second time this trip for Oktoberfest. This IS everything you hope it to be. The bavarian clothes are so fun to see, the locals are laid back the women wear their hair in braids, and the mass (1 Liter ) of beer is flowing. The day before Oktoberfest my roommate and I were lucky to visit Neuschwanstein Castle in Fussen. I recommend this stop to anyone traveling in southern Germany. Absolutely gorgeous castle surrounded by even more inspiring natural beauty: waterfalls, mountains, reflective lakes, evergreen forrest and a biergarten. This castle is a must visit.








With six weeks finished and six more to go, I'll be back to post photos and discuss the great places I'm lucky to explore. I'll be returning to Kansas City on December 12th around midnight...just in time to walk for graduation the next day! Getting excited about finishing my undergrad and making more travel plans for the future!

Bye for now,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment