Thursday, March 7, 2013

Marseille, France


Le Panier

le Vieux Port


Le Notre Dame de la Garde

During my winter break last week, I found a cheap last minute ticket to take the train south of Lyon about 2 hours to the city of Marseille. Located on the Mediterranean Sea, this port city, known for being the melting pot of Europe, has attracted immigrants from the neighboring North African countries over the years. After arriving at the Saint- Charles train station early in the morning, I went straight to the Old Port. Throughout the day I visited the main city-attractions such as the Notre Dame de la Garde, a cathedral located at the top of a hill overlooking the city, and Le Panier. I also had plenty of time to sit on the beach and enjoy the warm sun and 60 degree weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment